Friday, August 1, 2008

Acrylic Album Photos

Finally! I took {another} trip down to Heartfelt Creations to prepare my class kits and managed to remember to take photos of the 3 acrylic album samples I made for the upcoming classes. So, I can make good on my previous statement of posting the pictures, it just wasn't as quick as I'd hoped. Once the classes have been held I will post photos of the inside pages. The best part of these is that you can see all the pages through the other ones. It makes a great challenge in planning out the layouts!




The class for Saturday August 2nd is themed "Love Is" and features an 8"x8" square album from Rusty Pickle with papers from Paper Salon, brown "Family"rub-ons from DCWV, cute ribbons for the binder rings and a large rhinestone Prima swirl on the front. I' also inked the edges of the acrylic with StazOn in Timber Brown. You need to use a product similar to StazOn or else the ink will take too long to dry and smear everywhere.

The second album is a 6"x6" acrylic tabbed album (again from Rusty Pickle) using papers from My Minds Eye. I used white acrylic paint to accent the edges of the album. This class will be held on Saturday August 30th from 10a - 1pm. It's bright and fun and perfect for those summer photos.

Lastly, on September 27th will be the round "Circle of Friends" circle journal class which uses papers and embellishments from American Crafts . These are so much fun! You would create the front and back cover, a table of contents (or sign-in page) and an instruction page. Then you pack it up with a list of everyone you want it to go to and send it to the first person on the list. They then create a two-page layout in your book according to whatever "theme" you have set with the journal. (This one is friend journal so they would simply do their layout about themselves. I have seen them themed as favorite movie, superheroes, recipes, quirks, music, etc.) When they are done with their layout (I usually set a time limit) they send it to the next person on the list and so on. Then when everyone has completed their pages it gets sent back to you and you have a lasting memory of the important friends in your life. It's fun that it also captures each person's style and personality.

Well, the to-do list isn't getting any shorter. Happy Friday!

No comments: