Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Free Lunch {BAG}

There may be no such thing as a free lunch BUT if you had one of these reusable bags, you'd have a free lunch BAG. These are my latest creation. They are made from oilcloth, which is a vinyl coated material so should something leak or spill it can be wiped clean. It's a rather tough fabric to find locally. Most of the options available look like my grandma's tablecloth from 1975....and I don't mean CUTE or VINTAGE! These will be perfect for back-to-school. Lauren & Mira have already put in their requests :)

I am also planning to make splat mats, kids smocks/aprons, changing pads, bibs, etc. from oilcloth once I get my supply built up and samples made. My crafty friend, Heather & I will be offering our goods at a number of local places so please stop in to say "hi" if you see us at: The Avenues Arts & Crafts Festival, Octoberfest at Snowbird, Park Silly or the Draper Arts Festival & Farmers Market. More updates to follow and I will announce each of these in more detail as the dates draw near.

Meanwhile I am teaching a mini acrylic album this Saturday (Aug 2) at Heartfelt Creations in Sandy and another August 30th. Email me if you want any additional info on any of the events. Otherwise, I will be scrapping & sewing in my spare time to get ready for all that I have committed to, in addition to two mini vacations in the next 3 weeks and preparing for the kids to go back to school! YIKES! This is when I need to figure out how to clone myself.....that's a scary thought. One of me is plenty :) Wish me luck.

No comments: