Thursday, May 21, 2009
As somewhat of an offshoot to my passion for scrapbooking, I will be launching Rue 39 Design. We're shooting for July 1st to be fully functional with the web presence, however we are in business NOW.
Rue 39 design is your source for fine details that will help make your event one to remember. We are a custom design studio that works closely with each client to ensure that the invitations and accompanying products reflect their style and theme of the event.
Rue 39 Design currently offers save-the dates, engagement and wedding announcements, wedding invitations, place cards, menus, programs, thank yous, wedding and baby shower invites, baby announcements, birthday or any occasion party invitations, moving announcements, business and calling cards and MORE. We welcome other ideas not listed here.
In addition to the stationary listed above we can also personalize favors, goodie bags, candies, water bottles, labels, books, etc., We love to provide those little extras to bring together the theme of your event. Please inquire for special details and pricing. Corporate packages also available.
We are already working on projects and samples for the gallery. So keep an eye out for the new site and BIG premiere VERY SOON!
Sunday, May 10, 2009
I'm talking about the ones like MY mom! The amazing ones who you simply couldn't live without. The ones who love you far more than you could EVER imagine, are there for you NO-matter-what, who are tireless, ageless and manage to accomplish more in a day that anyone else would need a week to come close. And I'm in no way exaggerating :) She's the BEST.
I spent the day with said "Wonderwoman" and gave her this:
She's only been asking me to make her a tote bag for, oh, like a year now. She found the fabric and I ordered it "about" that long ago. Good intentions...ya, ya, ya. SO, in the spirit of the day (and 2 sewing machine needles later) I put plenty of tears, sweat and swear words into this lovely handbag.
The inside lining is pieced using all the colors from the outer fabric, which is laminated for easy cleaning. Lots of pockets for the cell phone, planner, lunch, etc. It's been a LOOOONG time coming so hopefully she'll gets lots of use out of it.
All in all a great day spent with my family. Got to watch the kids plays at Grandma & Papa's house..
took in lots of good eats and great conversation. The best Mother's day I could have wished for. Thanks to my family AND my mom for everything.
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Most couples get married, maybe get a pet while they get to know each other....buy a home, have children, etc. You know, EASE into things. We hit the ground running as I had my girls and Travis had his...Lexxi the Yellow Lab(she truly is one of the children!). For the girls & I we moved to a new state, new home, new family and for Travis he was invaded by females after living alone for 15 years.
Now that we've all learned from our experiences and added 2 NEW family members, I wouldn't trade it for anything! I'd do it all again. We definitely have our ups & downs like any family but this is right where I want to be.
This was one of the things I gave to Travis in commemoration of our day. Kind of like Letterman's top 10 but in my scrappy sort of way!
Top Ten Things I love about you
1. You take pride in ownership
2. Everyday is a new day & a fresh start
3. How you like to paint our nails with designs & bling
4. You totally get unto the Science Channel and believe in aliens
5. That you enjoy grocery shopping with me to see how much we save with coupons
6. When you are patient with my fickle nature
7. How you still ask me out on dates
8. That after 7 years you still blame your farts on the dogs
9. When you daydream about all the "family" things we can do together
10. You are dedicated to everything you undertake
Thank you, Travis for a jam-packed, full of love & adventure 5 years of marriage. Love You!
Monday, May 4, 2009
Now on Etsy! This month's paper pack is NOW up in my Etsy shop! It's a terrifically designed paper line called Dirty Laundry. They resemble sheets, shirts, dresses, even TIES! Flowers, paisleys, stripes and dots - all distressed and grungy. They are great for ANY occasion, layouts or cards. I've used these myself and LOVE them.
Later today I will be putting up some coordinating embellishments so watch for those too. Meanwhile the Dirty Laundry paper is a steal of a deal! You get 24 patterned papers and 4 solid coordinating sheets....ALL for $9! That's less than $0.33 per sheet! You won't find that anywhere.
Sunday, May 3, 2009
My BFF Kelli & I have received all the same goods. We have the We R Memory Keepers classic 3 ring binders in black. They are sleek Italian leather with silver metal corners and silver labels on the binding. These are timeless albums that will look awesome on the shelves! Switching from post bound to 3 ring albums is a big deal and really I didn't think I'd like it. However, there's one BIG advantage....the inserts!
They're the ultimate solution to TWO issues....
1) what to do with all those "extra" pictures that aren't included on the cute layout. If you're like me, you take 437 pictures of any given event and only scrapbook 6-10 of them into a fancy, well thought out layout. Then you have all those others than stack up & collect dust. Well, with the 4x6 photo pages you can put those extras into these pages and have little journaling spots in the extra spaces or whatever you'd like. You can even add rub ons to the outside of the 4x6 pages or hole punch a spot and tie ribbon through it. There's so many additional ways to embellish them without having to feel guilty for not using all the photos in your main layout.
2) If your like me and are "many" years behind in your scrapbooking (vacations EXCLUDED I'm not yet into this century) it can speed up the process IMMENSELY! You can scrap tons of photos way faster because you can use the best ones for select layouts and put the rest in the 4x6 sections and you're good to go. Then once they're in, you can go back anytime to add embellishments. Meanwhile, your caught up & can move forward...on to bigger things! :)
Here's just a few (poorly lit) pics to show an example of my albums. I still have to go back and add embellishments but I'm happy that the pictures are in their home and my albums are filling up quickly...