Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Today is Mother's Day.....a day that, while rumored to have been created by Hallmark to sell more cards, I'm glad for. Mothers do SO much, give so much, feel so much. There's always those select few who never should've become mothers to begin with, but for the gist of MY post, those are NOT the ones I'm referring to!

I'm talking about the ones like MY mom! The amazing ones who you simply couldn't live without. The ones who love you far more than you could EVER imagine, are there for you NO-matter-what, who are tireless, ageless and manage to accomplish more in a day that anyone else would need a week to come close. And I'm in no way exaggerating :) She's the BEST.

I spent the day with said "Wonderwoman" and gave her this:


She's only been asking me to make her a tote bag for, oh, like a year now. She found the fabric and I ordered it "about" that long ago. Good intentions...ya, ya, ya. SO, in the spirit of the day (and 2 sewing machine needles later) I put plenty of tears, sweat and swear words into this lovely handbag.


The inside lining is pieced using all the colors from the outer fabric, which is laminated for easy cleaning. Lots of pockets for the cell phone, planner, lunch, etc. It's been a LOOOONG time coming so hopefully she'll gets lots of use out of it.

All in all a great day spent with my family. Got to watch the kids plays at Grandma & Papa's house..

.(Nolan on his Quad)

and watched my guys wrestle...

took in lots of good eats and great conversation. The best Mother's day I could have wished for. Thanks to my family AND my mom for everything.

No comments: