Sunday, August 10, 2008

Girly Girl

So, keeping consistent with my bag making kick....here's a version of a laundry type bag. Only it's made smaller (approx. 13"H x 11"W x 4" D) for everyday use. It's plenty big enough to hold a wallet, bottled water, diaper & wipes, snacks and the usual essentials one may find in, say, MY bag. The top is a drawstring type close, allowing for quick access to it's contents OR, as in my case, quick closing of the bag to keep toddler away from contents. Either way, it's quick! You get the idea. :) It calls for ties made from material, however, (if you know me well, you know what's coming) I deviated from the pattern and used a patterned grosgrain ribbon for the ties. (if you don't know me well, I rarely follow recipes OR directions very closely! LOL!) I also have some light blue grosgrain ribbon that matches well, which I will probably switch out to instead of the red & white flourishes seen here.



This fabric is new from Heather Bailey! It's Pop Garden Paisley in Ice Blue and the bottom of the bag is a tone on tone medallion type print called Gardenia by Linda Lum De Bono for Henry Glass Fabrics. They coordinate very well together. The fabric shop I love didn't have the complete Heather Bailey line in yet and suggested this red option, as I wanted something darker for the bottom that wouldn't show dirt so easy. The pattern is from Fig Tree Quilts.

Lauren has already requested one of these for school. Although we may make her the bigger version (21"H x 18"W) and add backpack style straps instead of the handles. She could use it for school or her gymnastics gear. I'm sure a trip to Material Girls in imminent upon her return. With all of her recent sewing experience in school, hopefully she can follow the pattern and make her own. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOOOVE IT