Monday, June 16, 2008

I'm Coming Out...

To Quote Diana Ross "I'm coming out, I want the world to know..." Remember that song? Ok, maybe I'm dating myself now, but it's a classic! Now how does this relate to me? I'm coming out of my single minded craft and branching out. I've always had a desire to create trendy and fabulous things (outside of scrapbooking) but never had the nerve to try.

Anyway, a few days back I showed a little "sneaky peaky." While it was just as delicious as a new line of scrapbook paper, it was .....{FABRIC}! My new obsession. Lauren is very much interested in fashion design and has been taking sewing classes the last 2 years in Jr. High. So, we got a sewing machine last weekend. The fabric I previewed is actually for another project that I can't mention yet (since it's a gift) BUT here's what I did Saturday:


I found a WONDERFUL fabric shop in the south end of the valley . It's called Material Girls, off Redwood Road and 106th South. It is awesome. This wasn't my first choice of fabric but Nolan wasn't cooperating in the store (but he DID do a good job sweeping with their broom.....thank goodness they're patient & kind in there too!:) and I knew this would turn out cute. It's Michael Miller fabric. The selection of Amy Butler fabrics is true eye candy! So, I created a tote bag complete with diaper case. The diaper case was a whim....this was all I had left and were there more I would've made a flap closure or a tie closure with a fancy ribbon. This was the best I could do but I think it turned out great for the first go 'round. And I only had to rip seams twice :)

Can't wait to put some fun things up on the Etsy shop! So keep an eye out. When I do, I'll post a link. Hope everyone had a great Father's Day! Here's to a great week ahead!

No comments: