Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Can't even believe that 2010 has already passed!  The older I get the faster time goes - scary!  Rarely do I actually make Resolutions but this year, for whatever reason, it feels right.

I've noticed that so many people are trying to choose just ONE word that describes their goal or motivation.  If I'm choosing just ONE word for this year....it is SIMPLIFY.

sim·pli·fy 

[sim-pluh-fahy]
–verb (used with object), -fied, -fy·ing.
to make less complex or complicated; make plainer or easier: to simplify a problem.
 
Less complicated?  YES PLEASE! Make it easier? INDEED!
 
To achieve this one word state of bliss, here are some things I will be attempting to incorporate, in no particular order....
 
Balance, organize, structure, plan, focus, prepare, create, finish, refresh, repurpose, upcycle.
 
Be more specific?  I want to find balance in my life between work, home, me, family.  You won't "find" time for all these things...we have to "make" time. Being organized with meal plans (which I will share) which include using coupons and other strategies to save money.  Structuring time and life to incorporate the things I love, like scrapbooking and sewing. I have so many ideas floating in my head, start lots and only finish a few.  I will stay focused and finish those projects and begin new ones to satisfy my creative outlet, beautify my home and surroundings and make others happy in the process.  Using materials and things I've already got to save money, bless our home and become more "green" with less waste.
 
And of course, as I take on the above principles, I will take you along the journey with my weekly posts, which I vow to no longer put off :)
 
Happy New Year! 

No comments: