Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Quilts!

Quilts were on the top of the request list this year. Not only are they the most time consuming thing to make, they're not cheap to make either! And I'm certainly no PRO!


On the tippy-top of Lauren's list was a "sock monkey" quilt. She'd been raving about the "Mid-mod quilt" on the Amy Butler website for quite some time (link here). So, here's the Mid Mod quilt...sock monkey style:








64" of square cuteness! It turned out so much better than I'd expected! I'm certain she's going to absolutely LOVE it! The brown border fabric looks JUST like knitted socks!


For about a year now, I've been trying to make a quilt that matches my living room. Everyone in the evenings like to snuggle up & cuddle under a blanket. Except said blanket drives me NUTS! It's either a worn out Pottery Barn chenille throw that sheds like crazy or an '80s comforter that is SO cheesy it makes my stomach churn! So, this year, here's the solution....






It's brown, gold, red & ice blue and backed completely with MINKY! Could this possibly be ANY cozier?!? I think NOT! Approximately 10 different fabrics make up this luxurious slice of heaven!!! I even included some rectangles of minky on the front for extra texture!
Utah winters, chill no more! This house is PREPARED and ready for all the chilly-ness one desert winter can bring! And might I add it's with chic style we stay warm! :)

No comments: