Monday, December 13, 2010

C + PB = TLA

Every once in a while, I just get a craving for something sweet.  But not the usual Oreo or duplex type cookie. Something different.

So today when I went to my pantry (which is totally UNDERstocked these days!  Project for the New Year) and found that I really didn't have ANYTHING to pull together :(  No chocolate chips, no nuts, nothing to get creative with. All I had was less than half of a bag of peanut butter chips leftover from melting them & drizzling over rice krispie treats a while back.

And BONUS!  When I went to pull those out I found a box of Bakers chocolate...SCORE!  That instantly reminded me of a recipe I've had forever:

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

8 (1 oz) squares semi-sweet chocolate
3 TBSP butter
1 (14 oz) can Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
2 cups biscuit making mix
1 TSP vanilla extract
1 cup peanut butter flavored chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and butter with sweetened condensed milk; remove from heat.  Add biscuit mix and vanilla; beat at low speed until smooth and well blended.  Cool to room temperature.  Stir in chips.

Shape the dough into 1 1/4" balls and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.  Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until tops are slightly crusted.  DO NOT OVERBAKE


Now it's absolutely worth it to stick around and watch these.  Just when the outside of the cookie starts to  get a bit crackly and crusty, THAT'S when you want to pull them out.  Then they will be done on the outside but still gooey on the inside... and since there's no egg in this I completely advocate eating the dough :)

No comments: