Sunday, November 21, 2010

Let it SNOW!

Today it finally snowed.  Well, in enough quantity to stick around for a while anyway :)  YAY!  So this morning, my pancakes....








look much like the yard!

Which also makes for some good indoor creativity.  Since I already had most everything to make this, I decided to copy Jen from Tatertots & Jello and make my version of a holiday burlap wreath.




This was a pretty easy project and was super fun.  The worst part was burning my fingers with the hot glue gun!  I'm the biggest clutz and ALWAYS tend to not be very careful.  The burlap was very inexpensive ($2.99 /yd at JoAnn) and everything else was purely scraps!  I did get the music note ribbon half off at JoAnn also.  When I was trying to figure out what phrase I could use with my left over Scrabble tiles, it seemed as though I was missing ONE letter for all the good ideas...Be Merry - no "m'. Jingle Bells - no "j'!  Then it hit me.  Well, actually I had the Christmas music on (gotta love FM100!!) and the song Silent Night was on - DONE!  So when I saw the music notes, well, that tied it all together.

Thanks Jen for the super idea!  Had I got my rear in gear sooner I would've had a Thanksgiving version too.  But, looking at the bright side, now I've got a jump on my Christmas crafts!

Also linking up at:

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up     party!

No comments: