Sunday, October 17, 2010

{Sunday progress}

Well, as the day started out with much promise, it quickly slipped away with laundry, a bit of re-organizing (my office, the pantry), some grocery shopping and treat making.

Needless to say I didn't make much progress on my Halloween quilt, other than calculating sizes and realizing I need 6 more rows of zig zags to make it a nice size. Back to the fabric shop, I guess. No sewing on it whatsoever :(

However, the day was still productive. I did manage to re-arrange my stash, make a list of works in progress and made this for my tiny guy:


A Halloween pillowcase. This is a new Halloween print by Riley Blake. Perfect for a 3.5 year old who loves "spooky" things but not "scary" things, cuz there IS a difference. It's a sweet mix of bats, black cats, spiders, mummies, ghosts, skulls and little vampires. While my guy isn't afraid of vampires, thanks to Edward Cullen, too much ghoul & gore makes him wanna snuggle with Momma. Which is FINE by me :)

The orange "boo!" print on the end is also from Material Girls Quilts, my favorite fabric shop, pretty much ever, but not sure who makes it. It didn't last long enough for me to make note.

This was seriously, like a 10 minute project - good for me and good for THIS guy:
He even said "Wow, mom! That sure was quick!" when I brought it to him. I think he loves it {wink} and is happy that I made something special for him.

No comments: