Thursday, July 29, 2010

Perfect Ten

As mentioned on the Scrap Happy Facebook page, I'm starting a quilt. It's for a Christmas gift. Yes, I realize it's July. But I also realize that 1) I work 40+ hours a week at a full time corporate job, 2) I work 15-25 hours a week at my Rue 39 Design invite business, 3) I have 3 kids and a dog to tend to in the evenings, 4) the weekends go by way too quick and the family wants to go camping, attend baseball games or have Mom around to clean up after their messy behinds and wash their laundry. SO, that said, I'm starting a Christmas quilt in JULY. Or it won't get done.

Here's a sneak peak at the fabrics:
These are Nicey Jane by Heather Bailey. The request for the quilt was something sort of vintage-y. These should fit the bill nicely. Especially using THIS pattern:
Instead of piecing the colored 8x8 squares into the white fabric (thinking of using a crisp white Kona cotton) I will most likely sew them on top, close to the edges so they will fray up just a bit. Which will add to the vintage feel.

Another brand new copy of this pattern is now in the Scrap Happy Etsy shop way below the retail price of $9.50...it's only $6.50 and is simple, concise and easy to follow. This makes a finished quilt size of 60"x72".

This is the first of 3 requests for quilts I have for Christmas, so hopefully I can stay on track...unlike last year, where I had left everything until the last minute and spent every, single night from Thanksgiving until Christmas Eve working on SOME project for gifting.

I'm also hoping to find a pattern for a KING SIZED quilt to make for myself and work a complete redo on my bedroom around it, including the window coverings and the bathroom to match. Lofty, yes. Impossible, no. Wish me luck :)

No comments: