Monday, December 22, 2008

Flashy Chucks

One of Mira's requests for Christmas goodies was a pair of these:


Bling-ed out Chuck Taylor Converse sneakers :) We saw these at a number of boutiques, however they were mostly for smaller girls - toddlers mostly. But they're SO cute! So, I decided to try my hand at making them. I found the sneakers and got the crystals. But the first attempt didn't go so well...not only was I using the wrong type of glue (I thought E6000 would hold ANYTHING!) but the crystals were too big & wouldn't line up right. After 2 hours of gluing I had to tear it all apart and start again with NEW glue & smaller crystals! Phew - I'm glad the second attempt came out better. And now that I know my niece is having a girl this June, you can bet she'll have a tiny pair of these too!

No comments: