Wednesday, January 21, 2009

{Much needed rest}

Lately I have been taking some much needed rest from the blog-world. Don't get me wrong, I love the blog, both figuratively and literally, but life comes at ya fast sometimes! So, now that we're back from Lauren's gymnastics meet in Las Vegas and have a 2 week reprive until the next meet, I'm trying to catch up.

Next in the agenda is to refocus on scrapbooking. Not only my personal back log, but business-wise too. I know I've posted here previously about the new CPSIA act coming into affect next month (see http://www.change.org/ideas/view/save_handmade_toys_from_the_cpsia). In a nutshell it will make it illegal for me to sell any handmade products intended for use by children under the age of 12, unless I participate in rigorous and expensive testing on each type of product. This is truly a shame. It's putting SO many wonderful artisans out of business...even local boutiques here in Salt Lake City!

So, look for more scrapbooking classes, products & inspiration - coming soon, here AND in my Etsy shop.

No comments: